What to expect from a rep
Modified on: Mon, 3 Oct, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Engage and communicate with:
- Students they represent
- Department staff
- Other Elected Student Reps
- Students’ Union
Role and Responsibilities:
- Register officially as a rep here.
- Complete basic training to understand the role.
- Promote their role effectively to students they represent.
- Seek out the views of students on matters affecting their educational experiences
- Attend Departmental Staff-Student Committees and other meetings as appropriate.
- Feedback and discuss info and outcome from meeting with fellow students.
- Liaise with other Reps to gain support and share thoughts and ideas
- Attend Students’ Union Faculty Forums and bring unresolved or higher level issues to these meetings.
- To complete an ‘exit survey’ at the end of the year to help make improvements in future.
What they don’t do:
- It is not reps responsibility to deal with individual and personal issues. Students should be directed to their academic tutors, LUSU Advice & Support or University Student Support Services.
- Help students with their academic work.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.